When you landed to the airport, I will advise you to charter the airport limousine at AOT Counter. Airport transfer to and flo for 4 pax is only 2100 baht which is equivalent to RM50 per pax. It is a Van therefore you do not need to worry about baggage space.
We went on 31st March till 3rd April and it is their sales. Most of the shopping malls are having their midnite sales, therefore you can really shop till drop.
Places to visit are :-
1. Cruise cum buffet dinner cum pick up to Chaophraya Cruise for only RM140 per pax. Ask the concierge to book for you. When you reach the river city, you can also shop for thai silk which is RM50 per meter.
We got a very nice table in front of the stage. We enjoyed the performance by the singers and dancers and at the same time we get to burn our calories after our buffet dinner by dancing. Very nice ambient and also able to see the grand palace, RAMA IV bridges lit up and night view of Bangkok.
2. Chatuchak Market only opens on weekend. You can take the BTS from Ploenchit directly to Mochit. The BTS leads directly to Chatuchak's entrance. This is where you can find souvenirs, home deco items, whole saler for swaroski crystal, clothings and etc.
3. Patpong Road for night market. You can also walk pass the entertainment centre.
4. Grand Palace - to go there, take the BTS from Ploenchit to Saphan Taksin. Walk out from the BTS and you will see the pier, purchase the tickets to go to Tha Chang / Maharaj pier where grand palace is located. The ticket only cost you RM2 and you can cruise the river to see the grand palace and other temples. No need to join their canal cruise and tour which cost RM130 per pax. The actual floating market is 20KM out of bangkok. The old city floating market only opens on weekend which you can see few boats selling things.
Places to Shop :-
1. Siam Paragon at Siam BTS station
2. MBK at National Stadium BTS station, actually you can walk across to Siam Paragon, it is all link.
3. Central World at Chilom BTS station, opens from 10am onwards.
4. Central Departmental Store at Chiloms station
5. Platinum Mall at Pratunam, whole sale. You need to buy at least 3 pcs in order to get wholesale discount. No trying for clothes.
6. King Power is duty free shop near Victory Monument BTS station. You can get pick up outside Century The Movie Plaza which is free of charge. When you purchase the cosmetics or certain items, they will send your products to the airport and you got to pick it up from the king power counter next to the VAT counter. Only food stuff you are allow to take away when you purchase from King Power.
7. The Emporium Shopping Centre
Places to eat :-
1. Siam Paragon food court
2. Foodloft at Central World Departmental Store, Chilom BTS Station. Tried their duck noodle soup.
3. Kum Poon for aunthentic thai at Central World, Chilom BTS station. Must try their grill cat fish, chicken wings and fish salad. We ordered at least 6 dishes and the bills only came up to RM110.00. Kum Poon is situated 7th floor of central world, near the Sizzler and Supermarket.
4. Ping Shark Fin Restaurant (http://www.pingsharkfin.com/) located at Asoke BTS station, you need to walk around 10-15 minutes. Famous for sharkfin but then you can eat their fish maw and goose web special. You can also have seafood. At their wall of fame, we saw lots of HK celebrity patronise at the restaurant such as Edison Chen, Leon Lai, Eric Tsang, Anthony Wong, Jay Chou and even RAIN from Korea. The food was great and good quality.
We did not have time to go to SPA and also the spa are fully booked. Suggest to visit Urban Retreat (http://www.urbanretreatspa.net/) which situated near Asoke BTS as recommended by hotel staff.
Bae Yong Jin, Top Actor in Korea - Wax statue at Madam Tussaud at Siam Paragon.